Contact being created on new hosted mailbox

https://console.mspintegrations.com/#/email2at/advanced/history/172589971800345

We created a new hosted mailbox and sent our first message to it. As part of that processing, somehow it processed the “to” email address as an additional contact and created a contact for them.

I don’t understand how that happened, and looking through the email headers and object details, the only place I saw that mailbox address was the “to” field.

My guess is that it’s the iterate over the “to”, which is attempting to find any additional email address in the to field that might not be the mailbox target… It just doesn’t automatically skip the mailbox itself.

IMO, there should be something explicit there which prevents the hosted mailbox’s target email from being added to the list of potential “to” addresses… I think maybe I can make an exception for the hosted mailbox domain to keep that from happening again.

HI @DBachen

Thanks for including the URL to the example from your history!

I just looked at your history and the rule that created the history, and it looks like you already corrected the issue the way I would have recommended. For the sake of anyone else with a similar question, you modified the step that created the contact and added a new criteria so that the contact would only be created if the domain name of the contact is not your MSPintegrations hosted domain:

It looks right to me! Let us know if you have any other issue with it.