Emails as attachments with Hosted Mailboxes vs Classic Addresses

Hi,

If anyone from our company sends an email to our support address that contains an attachment that is an email file, it will create a ticket as though that attached email had been sent directly to our support address. Useful feature, that we’ve been using for years. Not sure how it works or if it can be configured in any way, as I see no settings regarding it, but from the history details, I do see that it’s doing this. Example of test I just did for it: MSPintegrations
|07/19/2024 5:31:59 PM||Message processing initiated.|
|07/19/2024 5:32:00 PM||Sender of email is recognized as a valid Autotask internal resource.|
|07/19/2024 5:32:00 PM||Attached email message processed in place of actual received email.|

That’s with our classic address for our support mailbox. I am doing some testing with a few new Hosted Mailboxes, but am not seeing the same behavior just built in, and so far can’t figure out how to recreate that same behavior. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
-Ronen

Hi @rinowlocki

The feature you describe is available in Email2AT Classic, but it’s not available in our new Email2AT product. Let me see what we can do to rectify that.