Sleep Step During Rule Processing

Is there a method available to “sleep” a step for some amount of time? I am getting some Firewall up alerts a minute before the Firewall down alert. The order of messages comes from the source devices. I’d like to add a 2 minute sleep or pause to account for the delay, so tickets have time to be opened, then automatically closed appropriately. Thx.

1 Like

Eagerly awaiting this feature as well.

I was able to create a successful workaround. I just perform a couple of random character Autotask searches (Task Notes) at the beginning of the “issue resolved” rule that creates enough of a delay for me. Its far from ideal, but seems to work for now.

@CR_User_EG

I provided this answer by email, as well, but I’m adding it here for the benefit of others:

We do not currently provide a method to sleep, but we are actively working toward adding it. I’ll save you from all of the details, but we can’t simply pause the workflow as that will hold up that processor for the entire time it is sleeping (and if we had many “sleeping” messages at the same time, everything would effectively be paused). We are working to add the ability to stop processing an email and pick it up at a later time. Once we can do that, we can effectively “sleep” like you’re asking.

I don’t have an ETA on this, but we are actively working on it. We have code in testing now that is the first half of what we need. Once this is tested and released, we have a bit more work to do, but we are getting closer.